Posts Tagged ‘Lying Republicans’
Expect the Republican attack machine to be on full force this coming September. The GOP power brokers have been lying about President Obama since he took office. As John Steward said do they not know that we have a brain that remembers inconsistent claims they make.
Lets see, where do we start? He’s a Muslim that attended the United Church of Christ with Reverend Wright to study Black liberation theology. That makes my head spin.
I regularly have emails forwarded to me that I love to bust using snopes.com This website proves, disproves, or otherwise indicates partial truth to the rumor. They mark the true stories green and the false stories red. It’s amazing how many little red dots there are showing the barrage of GOP lies thrown against Obama. Snopes.com
I find it fun to play with my republican friends by referring them to this. Some have decided to elevate themselves to the level of an idiot by believing everything they read on the internet, as long as it puts Obama in a false light.
Next time you get forwarded these things, have fun with an educated reply.
Better yet, since they tend to come from some of my fundamentalist friends, I love to spike the ball with a little church. Remind our brothers and sisters what the bible teaches of spreading falsehood. This drives ‘em nuts.
- Exodus 20:16 – “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.” (KJV)
- Leviticus 19:16 – “Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.”
- Proverbs 11:13 – “A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.”
- Romans 1:29 – “They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.”
- 1 Timothy 5:13 – “Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.”
- Matthew 7:1 – “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”
- Proverbs 18:8 – “The words of gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.”